Current Business Status
On Monday March 23, Michigan Gov Gretchen Whitmer issued Executive Order 2020-21 which shut down all Michigan business at 12:01 am on Tuesday March 24 and continues through Monday April 13, 2020 at 11:59 pm. Read the executive order here: https://www.michigan.gov/whitmer/0,9309,7-387-90499_90705-522626–,00.html
On Wednesday March 25, we received approval from the Governor to resume work on projects that are deemed Essential Businesses and Operations. For purposes of this order, critical infrastructure workers are those workers described by the Director of the U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency in his guidance of March 19, 2020 on the COVID-19 response available here: https://www.cisa.gov/sites/default/files/publications/CISA-Guidance-on-Essential-Critical-Infrastructure-Workers-1-20-508c.pdf
We are a Tier 1 Finished Good supplier to many contract furniture manufacturers. During this period of shut down, we are only performing work for customers who have met a very specific set of criteria. The balance of our plant remains shut down for the next three weeks in order to comply with the intention of the order and reduce the spread of the virus.
Customers and State Closures
We do have a few customers located in states where statewide shutdowns have been declared. Those include:
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced on Saturday March 21 that Gunlocke Furniture in Wayland, NY is an essential business and will remain open throughout the statewide shutdown.
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced Friday March 20 that he will sign an executive order mandating 100 percent of New York’s workforce must stay home beginning Sunday March 22. This affects operations for our following customers at:
- CCN Furniture in Geneva, NY
- Datesweiser Furniture in Buffalo, NY
- Princeton Upholstery in Middletown, NY
- Steigercraft in Bellport, NY
- Gov. Tom Wolf mandated Friday March 20 that that all non-essential businesses in Pennsylvania shut down operations indefinitely due to COVID-19 impacts beginning at 12:01am Saturday 3/21. This affects operations for our customers at:
- Knoll Furniture’s manufacturing site in East Greenville, PA
- Gov. Gavin Newsom on Thursday March 19 issued a statewide order for all residents of California to ‘stay at home’ amid a coronavirus outbreak. This affects operations for our customers at:
- Doug Mockett & Company in Manhattan Beach, CA
- ERG International in Oxnard, CA
- Maestro Pedestals in Sebastopol, CA
- Martin Brattrud Furniture in Gardena, CA
- Peter Pepper Furniture in Compton, CA
- Gov. J.B. Pritzker plans to issue a “shelter-in-place” order for the entire state of Illinois starting Saturday March 21. This affects operations for our customers at:
- Agati Furniture in Chicago, IL
- Marshall Furniture in Antioch, IL
- Tables International in Morton Grove, IL
- Gov Gretchen Whitmer issued Executive Order 2020-21 which shuts down all Michigan business at 12:01 am on Tuesday March 24 and continues through April 13, 2020 at 11:59 pm. This affects operations for our customers at:
- Challenge Machinery in Norton Shores, MI
- Enwork Furniture in Lowell, MI
- Four Winns Boats in Cadillac, MI
- Haworth Furniture in Holland, MI
- Nucraft Furniture in Comstock Park, MI
- Steelcase Furniture in Caledonia, MI
- Tiara Yachts in Holland, MI
- Worden Furniture in Holland, MI
- Gov. Eric Holcomb issued an executive order Monday March 23 telling Hoosiers to stay home as the state deals with the growing coronavirus pandemic. This affects operations for our customers at:
- Brimar Wood Innovations in Goshen, IN
- Ditto Sales in Jasper, IN
- Indiana Furniture in Jasper, IN
- Jasper Seating Company in Jasper, IN
- Gov. Eric Holcomb announced on Monday March 23 that the following Gilmore cusotmers are essential business and will remain open throughout the statewide shutdown:
- Kimball International in Jasper, IN
- OFS Furniture in Jasper, IN
Spectrum Health Info Page
Spectrum Health is offering free virtual screenings for COVID-19 for Michigan Residents. If you are experiencing symptoms, call the hotline number at 616-391-2380. Hotline callers will be scheduled for a free virtual screening through Spectrum Health Now, a telehealth service that connects people with providers 24/7.
Center for Disease Control (CDC) Resources for Home
Letter To Employees
We do take this situation seriously and are doing everything possible to keep us all safe. Please follow all the guidelines issues earlier, especially not coming to work if you are ill.
While staying safe we still need to live and work and we plan to continue doing so as long as our customers need furniture! So, we will operate as usual but with extra precautions in place.
We hope that by following the guidelines we can all stay well, but if you are sick or have a related issue, we will be here to help in every way we can. You do not have to feel alone, we are in this together.
There is scientific evidence that anxiety and fear can weaken our immune system, so let us be positive and strong for ourselves, our families and each other.
And as my granddaddy always said (among many other things) “someday this will be just a memory” ; so this too shall pass.
Scott Scott F. Gilmore